Godly Home of Lord Shiva
Mt. Kailash is the abode of Lord Shiva and his consort Goddess Parvati according to the Vedas and Puranas. It is known by various names like Meru, Sumeru (both meaning the highest point), Sushumna (the Spiritual axis), Hemadri (Golden mountain), Deva Parvat (summit of Gods), Rajatgiri (Silver mountain), Ratnasanu (jewel peak), etc. The pyramid shaped mountain is Swayambhu – the self-created one and is considered as old as the creation. It is said to be made of precious stones and divine material and has a strong magnetic attraction radiating immense spiritual energy. It is here that Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati performed the Ananda Tandava – the Dance of Bliss that created the first Spanda – throb of cosmic creation. The mountain itself represents Sat-Cit-Ananda, the principle of Truth, Consciousness and Bliss. It is from Mt Kailash that Aum the primordial sound emanates from the anklets of Mother Parvati and brings about the Universe in its variegated forms as the Nada (vibrations) spreads out. Every object in this area is sacred and related to many of the legends and mythical stories from ancient scriptures and oral traditions. Hindus walk clockwise around Mt Kailash and it is called Parikrama.
You must have known the fact that beautiful Mount Kailash in Tibet has never been climbed by any mountaineer. It is heard in stories that a mystic Tibetan Seer and poet named Milarepa is the only human being who has been able to climb the peak of Mount Kailash. It was over about some 900 years ago, and since then we have just heard the stories of how nobody has been able to reaching the summit of this unclimbable peak.
Ever wondered what makes this peak so difficult to be climbed? Is it the physical infeasibility, the difficulty because of altitude, or some other mystic and inexplicable reason which are beyond human control and understanding? Here are some facts about the most mysterious mountain.
- Mount Kailash is the axis of the Earth and maintains the atmosphere to keep all living beings alive. What more, its location is in synchronization with all other ancient monuments in the world and the Earth’s poles. It is located at an exact distance of 6666 kilometers from the monument of Stonehenge.
- secret mountain Kailash are two lakes — Manasarovar and Rakshas Tal. They are located next to, and divided among themselves with a thin isthmus of the mountains.
- Water Manasarovar (translation — a lively and clean lake water) fresh. Tibetans revere the lake located at 4560 above sea level, as sacred. From it you can take water for drinking and bathing. Interesting, but in any weather Manasarovar remained calm, keeping calm.
- Mount Kailash — the rapid aging of those who are near it. By the way, how quickly grow hair and nails can be assumed that the 12 hours spent near Kailash, equal to two weeks in normal conditions.
- Although people have so far not been successful in climbing the revered Mount Kailash, yet the mountain strangely changes the target location to those who want to climb it. Subsequently, numerous expeditions have failed to climb its summit, as Mount Kailash changes the tracks position in the opposite direction.
- The higher lake Manasarovar (one of the highest freshwater lakes in the world), is the sacred lake, and is round like the sun. The lower lake Rakhast Tal (one of the highest salt-water lakes) is the devil’s lake and has the shape of the crescent moon. The two lakes represent solar and lunar forces, good and negative energies respectively.
- One of the ideas the Russians have put forward is that Mt. Kailash could be a vast, human-built pyramid, the centre of an entire complex of smaller pyramids, a hundred in total. This complex, moreover, might be the centre of a world–wide system connecting other monuments or sites where paranormal phenomena have been observed.
- Around the holy Mount Kailash time travels quickly, which is not witnessed anywhere in the world. Pilgrims have reported quick hair and nails growth within 12 hours, which equals to two weeks under normal conditions.